Are you facing an issue with your VPN? Norton VPN not working issue is a common in recent years, Norton Secure VPN is a VPN by Norton Security company that helps you secure your online activity secure and private with its intelligently designed system. It secures your private information such as; your passwords, bank account details and credit card information when you use a public Wi-Fi on your devices. Millions of users are successfully making the most of Norton Security System across the world. It also hides your identity while browsing the internet, and without leaking your personal information you can surf online, anonymously.
Norton VPN has stopped working- Support for VPN not loading issue
However, many Norton VPN users have reported not connecting to start the VPN without an error, error prompt being, “Norton VPN has stopped working”.
Taking a note of the same, Norton support center team has compiled a list of relevant steps which can be used to fix the Norton VPN stopped working issue.
How to fix Norton Secure VPN Stops Working?
MyQuery is all-in-one customer service provider to help you best available resourses to get your query resolved with our expert partners.
Let us direct you to the ‘RIGHT EXPERTS’.
Method 1: Check Your Internet Connection
One of the common reasons why your Norton Secure VPN may have stopped working is due to a poor internet connection. If you are unable to start the Norton Secure VPN, please check whether you are connected to the internet and is your internet data subscription valid.
VPN Not Loading or Stopped Working
You can check for the connectivity of your internet connection by accessing the web and visiting “www.myquery.co.uk” from your web browser.
If you are able to access the website, then it means your internet connection is working and you can start the Norton Secure VPN.
If in case you still face the “Norton VPN not working” error, please proceed to the next step.
Method 2: Allow VPN Through Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall is skilled at blocking VPN programs, especially Norton Secure VPN from running on Windows devices. Hence, you need to enable Norton Secure VPN to run under Windows Firewall folder.
Let us see how you can do that:
- Go to start. Then type “Allow an app through Windows firewall” and press “Enter”.
- Then, select “Change Settings” in the options.
- Next, click on “Allow another program”.
- Select the program you wish to add, or you can click on Browse to look for Norton Secure VPN software. Then, click on “OK”.
- Again, check if you can connect.
If you still face the connection problem, then please move on to the next solution.
Method 3: Update Video Graphics Driver
An outdated video graphics driver software is another reason that could be causing this error. Hence, it is best to ensure that your video graphics driver software is updated to its most recent version. For setup steps visit Norton.com/setup
Here’s how you can do this:
- First, to launch the run program, press “Windows + R” keys.
- Next, type “devmgmt.msc” and then press “Enter” key.
- Double-click on the “Display adapters” option in the device manager window.
- Now, you need to “Right-click” on the HD Graphics card. Next, select “Properties”.
- On the Driver tab, check whether the video graphics card driver is up to date or outdated.
- If in case the driver is outdated, click on “Update Driver” to install the latest version of the video graphics card driver software.
- To check whether the issue has been resolved, please “Restart” your Windows PC.
Norton VPN not Working- Troubleshoot Guide
Method 4: Run Windows Update
Now we will see how the “Norton VPN has stopped working” error can be fixed by updating the Windows.
Microsoft keep on releasing automated fixes and latest driver updates which can easily fix several issues, and especially VPN related ones.
However, let us have a look at how you can run Windows update.
- Locate “Start” and type in “Windows update” in the search box. Next, to proceed, click on “Windows Update”.
- As In the “Windows Update” window opens, look for updates and install the available updates.
- Once the Windows has been successfully updated, restart your Windows PC.
Method 5: Reinstall Norton Secure VPN
If you have tried and tested all the above solutions and you could still not resolve the “Norton Secure VPN has stopped working” issue, we would suggest you to please consider re-installing your VPN client. Know how to activate your subscription at Norton.com/Setup Activate
For re-installing your VPN Client, please follow these steps:
- First you have to right click on “Start”, then select “Programs and Features”.
- There you will find a list of programs. You need to locate “Norton Secure VPN”, click on it and then select “Uninstall”.
- For a successful installation of the VPN Programs, please follow the prompts.
- If you have followed the uninstallation process but your VPN is still listed as “Available” , please right click “Start” and select “Run”.
- To open the Network Connections Window, type in “ncpa.cpl” and press “Enter”
- Under option of “Network Connections”, right click on the WAN Miniport labeled your VPN.
- Click on “Delete”.
- Select “Start” and click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Network & Internet”.
- Select “VPN”. If you find your VPN as “available”, please delete it.
- Once you have completed the uninstallation, proceed to install the Norton Secure VPN software at the official website.
Method 6: Manually Configure DNS Settings
In Some Windows PCs you might need to manually configure DNS Settings for a permanent solution if you want to fix the VPN issue as they may not automatically connect to the DNS Servers of the Norton Secure VPN servers.
For doing that, please follow these steps:
STEP 1: Open Network Connection Settings
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and select “OK”
- You will find your usual connection, that is, either LAN or Wireless Network Connection in “Network Connections Window”.
- Just right click on “Connection” and then select “Properties”.
STEP 2: Set the DNS Network Address
- You need to double click on the “Internet Protocol Version” (IPV4) or just “Internet Protocol”.
- Select “Use the following DNS server addresses”.
- Type in the following Google DNS server addresses: Preferred DNS server 188.8.131.52 and Alternate DNS server 184.108.40.206
- If in case the Google DNS is blocked, please try the following: Neustar DNS Advantage (220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168) enter and press on “OK”, and, Level3 DNS (22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199) enter and press on “OK”.
Method 7: Change VPN
Norton Secure VPS is preferred by millions of users, worldwide. However, if you have tried everything that we have mentioned above to fix the error and the issue still persists, you can switch to some other VPN tool. There are several other VPN Service providers in the market that are devoid of these issues.
While this may not be the ultimate solution, but we believe in working towards the ease of your usage and replacing Norton Secure VPN Software will ensure that you won’t have to deal with these VPN-related problems.
You should also check your router is working fine and connecting you to the internet, you can also reset your connection to internet. If you’re facing any issue to fix Norton vpn please contact to an expert.
Some of the VPN solutions that we recommend for your Windows 10 PC are: CyberGhost, Hotspot Shield, ExpressVPN, and NordVPN.
How to Download Norton VPN service
VPN helps you to protect your system online identity and you can change the origin of your connected country. It is also used for some apps that may not work in your country but in others. Connecting to Norton VPN or any other VPN may change the behavior of your internet, may be slowdown your speed a bit. Norton 360 provides you all round security from Virus and other utility tools make Norton 360 more convenient. You can download Norton VPN by sign in on official site.
Norton Security VPN Software is undoubtedly the best among all the VPN choices available in the market and Norton Customer Support is always there to help you if you ever face any issue.
We hope that you are able to troubleshoot your issues of “Norton VPN has stopped working” program with the list of solutions that we have provided you.