Call BitDefender Security faster with myQuery
TALK TO AN AGENT
Quick assistance: Let us know the issue so the right representative offers relevant resolution, reminders & follow-up!
It is not recommended to disable Bitdefender antivirus software since you may be exposed to malware, spyware, and other phishing communications.
How do I turn off Bitdefender temporarily?
If the software isn’t working as well as it should and is causing problems, follow these procedures to disable or turn off Bitdefender:
- On your device, launch the Bitdefender software application.
- Go to the left side panel of the screen and select the Protection section.
- In the Protection window, select the Settings option.
- From the Shield tab, turn off the Bitdefender Shield option. The software can be disabled in a variety of ways. Select a suitable time frame.
- How Do I Turn Off Bitdefender?
How to Turn Off Bitdefender for a While
- To avoid dangers, momentarily disable the Bitdefender application on your device and then reactivate it.
- To temporarily disable Bitdefender, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Protection window on the left side pane of the Bitdefender app on your device.
- Select the Shield tab from the Settings menu under Antivirus.
- Please turn off the Bitdefender Shield by pressing the button next to it.
- The pop-up box will appear, allowing you to select the time range for which the Bitdefender application will be disabled.
- Choose the time limit you want or the ‘Until system restart’ option. Select the OK button.
- Go to the Drives and Devices section now.
- Under the Drives and Devices tab, disable the Scan Mapped Network Drives option.
- Go to Online Threat Prevention –> Web Protection under the Protection Features section.
- Turn off the options for Web Attack Prevention, Search Advisor, Encrypted Web Scan, Fraud Protection, and Phishing Protection.
- Turn off Network Threat Prevention as well.
- Return to the Protection Features section and turn off the Firewall, Vulnerability, Advanced Threat Defense, Antispam, Safe Files, and Ransomware Remediation modules.
- Select the Configure option, which is found next to the Parental Control option, on the Privacy screen.
- To deselect the name of your machine, click the More (three dots) option next to your profile and select the Devices option.
- Turn off the Webcam Protection and Password modules by clicking the Save button.
- Finally, under the Profiles column, disable the Activate Profiles Automatically and Real-Time Optimization options.
- If you’re having trouble disabling Bitdefender, please get in touch with our technical support staff using the phone button on this screen.
In Bitdefender 2021, how can I disable all modules?
You won’t be able to use Bitdefender’s protection capabilities on your device if you disable all of the modules in Bitdefender 2019.
To disable all of the modules in Bitdefender 2021, follow the instructions listed below:
- On your device, launch Bitdefender Total Security 2021.
- Under the Antivirus module, go to the Protection Features tab and click the Settings icon.
- From the Shield tab, disable the Bitdefender Shield button.
- Click the OK button after selecting the ‘Permanently’ or ‘Until system restart’ option.
- From the Drives and Devices tab, disable the Scan mapped network drives button.
- Select the Settings icon under the Online Threat Prevention module in the Protection Features window.
- Toggle off all of the window’s buttons.
- Return to the Protection Features box and turn off the Firewall and Advanced Threat Protection options.
Modules for defense, antispam, vulnerability, safe files, and ransomware removal.
- Select Configure from the Parental Control menu on the Privacy screen.
- It will open a new tab in your browser called Bitdefender Central.
- Use your login credentials if the website asks you to log in.
- Select the device’s name that is linked to your profile and then click the More(three vertical dots) icon.
- Deselect the checkboxes next to your name on the Devices tab.
- After that, press the Save button.
- For Webcam Protection and Password Manager, toggle the toggle button to the OFF position.
- Turn off the Activate profiles automatically and Real-time optimization options in the Profiles tab.
- On your device, all of the modules of how to Disable Bit defender 2019 are now disabled.
How can I turn off Bit defender in Windows 10?
You may easily disable the Bitdefender antivirus application in Windows 10 by utilizing the Task Manager.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons on the keyboard to open the Task Manager window. Use the Ctrl + Alt + Del keyboard shortcut to open the Task Manager window and select Task Manager.
- To launch the Task Manager window, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on the keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Del on the keyboard, and then pick Task Manager.
- To turn off all the modules, select the On option next to Antivirus and Vulnerability Scan.
- To save the modifications made to the Bitdefender software, select Apply –> OK.
- Now, let’s have a look at how to disable Bitdefender on Windows 10.
- If you want to get rid of Bitdefender from your computer, go to the Control Panel in Windows 10 and uninstall it.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bitdefender
How can I turn my computer back on after I’ve turned off Bitdefender?
It’s important to turn your computer back on after you’ve turned off Bitdefender. If you don’t, then your computer will automatically shut down and Bitdefender will take it over.
Bitdefender is useful antivirus software that can protect your computer from malware and hackers. However, there are certain scenarios that might cause your computer to get infected without being detected by BitDefender. To avoid this, it’s recommended to turn the computer back on after turning off BitDefender.
Is there a manual option for turning off Bitdefender?
For many computer users, Bitdefender is their go-to antivirus software. This security program is known for its high performance and great features, which makes it a popular choice for any computer user.
There are a few settings that are sometimes overlooked in the system settings, though, that can potentially stop the program from working properly. If you want to turn off Bitdefender manually or if you need assistance with this setting, you can do so by following these simple instructions:
1) Open your system settings
2) Go to “Task Manager” 3) Select “Services” from the list of tabs on the left side of your screen 4) Find “Bitdefender Agent” in the list of services
Why does Bitdefender need to be turned off?
Bitdefender antivirus is a self-learning, cloud-based malware protection program that has been around since 2009. It is currently the most popular security software in the world.
However, Bitdefender has many unwanted consequences that make it difficult to use in some scenarios. For instance, it must be turned off when you are operating a Windows computer because the software can interfere with Windows features and applications.
The main reason why Bitdefender needs to be turned off on your computer is because of its Auto-Protect feature. The feature will automatically detect any viruses or malware that come across your computer and block them for you without any input from you. This process can actually cause performance issues on your device.
How do I temporarily disable Bitdefender 2021?
Bitdefender 2021, the new security solution for Windows 10, is now in action. However, it might be too aggressive for your operating system. In order to temporarily disable it, perform the following steps:
1) Open Computer Management
2) Expand Security Options and click on Bitdefender 2021 Settings
3) Uncheck Enable Bitdefender 2021
How do I turn off Bitdefender in Windows 10?
Bitdefender is one of the most popular antivirus software in the market. However, some users may find that it is interfering with their Windows 10 operating system. In such a case, they need to turn off Bitdefender before they can continue to use their computer properly.
Turning off Bitdefender in Windows 10 is easy if you follow the instructions outlined below:
> Go to Settings
> Scroll down and click on Update & security > Security > Antivirus > Advanced settings
> Click on “No anti-virus” under “On startup”
> Click on “This PC only” under “On successful scan”
> Click on “Never scan this file type or any file extensions on this PC”
How do I turn off parental controls on Bitdefender?
Bitdefender parental controls are a good way to prevent children from accessing the internet and installing inappropriate software.
There are two ways to turn off parental controls on Bitdefender. You can either log into your Bitdefender account and change the settings, or you can go to the device’s settings menu.
Why do people prefer #MyQuery?
Highly Rated Experts
Let us fix your issue
Can't find what you're looking for?
You can post your question in our community and get answers by the experts, or request personalized assistance.
Search similar issues posted by our community members
Already a member? Login now!
Free to use, answers from community.
Live experts: 7am – 8pm (Mon-Sat)
Quick Troubleshooting, Faster Solutions.