Call Norton AntiVirus customer service faster with myQuery
CUSTOMER SERVICE UK
USA CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Quick assistance: Let us know the issue so the right representative offers relevant resolution, reminders & follow-up!
How to Disable Norton Safe Search
Norton Safe Search uses Ask.com to create results for your search queries. Each site’s security rating and safety status are provided alongside the search results. You’ll need the Norton toolbar installed in your browser to disable this function.
Accessible from the Toolbar
Check for the Norton toolbar on your browser. You may enable the toolbar in your browser’s “Tools,” “Add-ons,” or “Extensions” menu options, depending on your browser. When the toolbar opens, next to the Search box, click the “Norton” button. Select “Disable Norton Safe Search” from the menu options that appear as you scroll down the page. For the update to take effect, you may need to restart your browser.
How to Disable Norton Safe Search from your Browser?
The Norton Toolbar is installed in the Internet browsers of businesses that install Norton Antivirus software to secure their PCs. The Norton Toolbar adds a layer of security to your computer, protecting it from online threats but simultaneously slowing down your browsing speed. The toolbar is an add-on or extension in Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. In all three browsers, you can disable the toolbar, which eliminates it from the interface. The toolbar can also be removed from Google Chrome.
How to turn off Norton Safe Search in firefox?
- Select “Add-ons” from the “Firefox” menu in the browser.
- In the Norton Toolbar entry, click the “Disable” button.
- To make the changes take effect, restart Firefox.
Remove Norton Safe Search from Chrome
- To access the Google Chrome settings menu, click the three horizontal lines icon, then “Settings” and “Extensions.”
- Disable the toolbar, deselect the “Enabled” option under the Norton Identity Protection entry, or click the trash can symbol to remove it from Chrome. By clicking the “Remove” button, you confirm that you want to delete the toolbar.
- To make the changes take effect, restart Chrome.
Disable Norton Safe Search on Internet Explorer.
- Select “Manage add-ons” from the gear wheel symbol in the upper-right corner of the browser.
- Select “Norton Toolbar” from the “Toolbars and Extensions” menu.
- To disable the toolbar, click “Disable.”
- To have the changes take effect, restart Internet Explorer.
How To Completely Remove the Norton Safe Web Lite Toolbar
Is Norton Safe Search a virus?
Norton Safe Search is powered by ask.com and it just adds an extra layer of security to protect your device.
How do I disable Norton browser extensions?
Go to addons / extensions in the settings of your browser and find the Norton extension which you want to remove and restart the browser again.
Does Norton Safe Search work with Google Chrome?
Yes, Norton Safe Search also works with Google Chrome.
What search engine does Norton Safe Search use?
Norton Safe Search uses ask.com results.
Why do people prefer #MyQuery?
Highly Rated Experts
Let us fix your issue
Can't find what you're looking for?
You can post your question in our community and get answers by the experts, or request personalized assistance.
Search similar issues posted by our community members
Already a member? Login now!
Free to use, answers from community.
Live experts: 7am – 8pm (Mon-Sat)
Quick Troubleshooting, Faster Solutions.