Do you want to uninstall MacKeeper? While exploring the web on a Mac, you may come across adverts for MacKeeper, which is billed as a “free security tool.” However, if you have already installed this program, we strongly advise that you uninstall it as soon as possible.
Even while the free version of MacKeeper notifies you of system problems or malware infections, it does it in a questionable manner. It is primarily a scam to trick you into purchasing full-featured software that you may or may not require. Readers have expressed dissatisfaction with the installation of the MacKeeper Safari plugin, which bombards you with messages requesting you to pay for further protection. Beware of being duped into thinking that either the free or the premium versions are required.
How to uninstall MacKeeper?
It is recommended that you uninstall MacKeeper if you have already done so. Open a Finder window, then select Applications from the menu bar.
After you have found the MacKeeper icon by scrolling through the list, just click and drag it to the Trash bin on your desktop. Alternatively, hold down the Ctrl key and click the icon, then select Move to Trash.
Remove the MacKeeper Safari extension from your browser.
If MacKeeper has installed its Safari extension (plugin), it is also recommended that you uninstall it as well.
Launch Safari on your computer. In the Safari Preferences window, select the Extensions tab from the drop-down menu. To uninstall the MacKeeper plugin, locate it in the list of any extensions you have installed and click on the Uninstall button at the bottom of the page.
This may also be a good time to uninstall any other unknown extensions from Safari if they have been installed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE UK
USA CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Quick assistance: Let us know the issue so the right representative offers relevant resolution, reminders & follow-up!
You should get back to your search engine and home page.
Some users are having complaints that their favorite search engine for Safari has changed due to installing MacKeeper on their computers. This procedure may also result in the modification of your home page. Here’s how to get everything back on track:
If you are looking to change the default search engine in Safari, click to Preferences > General > Default Search Engine and change it to Google. Then, under the General tab, locate the Home Page and modify it to point to google.co.uk or any other web address.
How to uninstall Mackeeper antivirus?
Before you uninstall MacKeeper, there are a few things you should know. Ascertain that you have administrator access to your computer and that you are aware of your Mac’s administrator password.
Check the version of MacKeeper you’re using:
- Open the app.
- Go to the top-left corner.
- Pick MacKeeper, and then About MacKeeper.
Maintain the security of your files! Before you uninstall MacKeeper, keep in mind the following:
Without MacKeeper, files encrypted with the Data Encryptor feature cannot be accessed; decrypt them before deleting the app. Backups created with the Backup function stay on your Mac and can be accessed even after removing MacKeeper.
How to uninstall MacKeeper Antivirus?
- Step 1: Close the MacKeeper application.
- Open MacKeeper and hold down the Command and Q keys at the same time.
- Step 2: Delete MacKeeper by dragging it to the Trash.
- Drag the MacKeeper icon to the Trash in Finder > Applications.
- Confirm your desire to uninstall and enter your Mac admin password in the two notice windows.
- Fill out the optional uninstall survey that appears in your browser.
- Step 3: Empty your trash can and restart your computer.
- Click and hold the Trash icon in the Dock’s far-right corner, then select Empty Trash.
- Restart by clicking the Apple logo in the top-left corner.
How to make sure that MacKeeper has been removed?
If you followed the procedures above, MacKeeper and any residual MacKeeper files should be gone as well. The only thing that may remain is temporary folders, automatically deleted once your Mac is restarted.
MacKeeper didn’t leave anything behind, so don’t worry. You can double-check by going over the following:
- After you’ve uninstalled MacKeeper, make sure the menu in the top control bar is gone.
- Navigate to Finder > Go to Home (Unless you’re still running MacKeeper 3. x, you shouldn’t see a MacKeeper Backups folder).
- Go to Finder > Go to Copy and paste all of these directories into a Folder.
- /Library/Application Support/MacKeeper /Library/Application Support/com.mackeeper.MacKeeper /Library/Application Support/com.mackeeper.MacKeeper /Library/Application Support/com.mackeeper.MacKeeperAgent /Library/LaunchAgents/com.mackeeper.MacKeeperAgent.plist /Library/LaunchAgents/com
- If your device can’t find these directories, MacKeeper and all its data have been deleted. A manual review is no longer an option.
How to remove mackeeper from Safari?
If your browser has been hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser that was installed by malware, the Safari reset is a wonderful option.
- Select “Preferences” from the Safari menu.
- The Safari Preferences window will appear.
- After that, go to the “Extensions” menu.
- Look for any strange or questionable extensions on the left panel, select them, and then click the “Uninstall” option.
- The most crucial thing to do is to uninstall any unfamiliar extensions from Safari.
- After that, go to the “General” tab. Set Google as the “Default Search Engine.”
How to remove mackeeper from Chrome?
- Reset Google Chrome settings is another option for removing MacKeeper tabs from Chrome. This will disable any potentially hazardous extensions and restore Chrome’s default settings. It will keep track of your saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data, and open tabs.
- By clicking on the three horizontal dots-shaped buttons, you can access the Google Chrome menu (chrome menu button). The drop-down menu will appear. Then, under More Tools, choose Extensions.
- Examine the list of installed extensions with care. If the list’s extension says “Installed by corporate policy” or “Installed by your administrator,” perform these steps: Remove any Google Chrome extensions installed as part of an organizational policy. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Return to the main Chrome menu and select “Settings.”
Scroll down to the “Advanced” link at the bottom of the page. Now, as seen in the image below, scroll down until the Reset settings section appears and select the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button. Press the “Reset” button to confirm your action.
How to uninstall/remove Mackeeper from Macbook
How to delete MacKeeper quickly with video tutorial
Can you uninstall MacKeeper from your system?
Mackeeper is a free software utility that the user can use to backup and restore their Mac.
Mackeeper is a useful tool to keep your system secure and safeguarded. It continuously saves data on your Mac and backs them up automatically, which helps you recover any lost data in case of an emergency such as hardware failure or theft. You cannot uninstall MacKeeper from your system, but it is very easy to disable or uninstall it from Control Panel.
What are the steps to uninstall Mackeeper?
Mackeeper is a file protection software that prevents any unauthorized changes to your Mac. It is designed to identify and stop any potential dangers that could occur by removing Mackeeper, you should make sure you are removing the right version.
Important steps to follow when uninstalling Mackeeper:
– Make sure you are not running any other antivirus software on your Mac;
– Make sure you do not have any other type of computer security software installed;
– Disconnect your Mac from the internet;
– Open Finder and select “Go” at the top left corner of your screen;
– Type in “/Library” then search for “MacKeeper” then hit return;
– Select all files with the green tick in the
Can you uninstall Mackeeper with a program like an antivirus or a malware cleaner?
To remove mackeeper, we first need to find out which file is responsible for its process. Once the file is deleted, the program will stop running.
The following are possible solutions that can help you uninstall mackeeper:
1. Antivirus software
2. Malware cleaner software
Why do people prefer #MyQuery?
Highly Rated Experts
Let us fix your issue
Can't find what you're looking for?
You can post your question in our community and get answers by the experts, or request personalized assistance.
Search similar issues posted by our community members
Already a member? Login now!
Free to use, answers from community.
Live experts: 7am – 8pm (Mon-Sat)
Quick Troubleshooting, Faster Solutions.