McAfee error unable to backup existing file
Symptoms of McAfee Error
McAfee antivirus DAT updates fail after running
the file from the shared network. And you will get an Error message “Unable to the backup existing file, not enough rights”. Even though you are running it as
an administrator, still you will be facing this issue.
CUSTOMER SERVICE UK
USA CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Quick assistance: Let us know the issue so the right representative offers relevant resolution, reminders & follow-up!
McAfee error unable to backup existing file, not enough rights line 12
Cause of McAfee Error
There is a change in Access protection rule in
VSE 8.8 patch 9, which fails this update. This rule is getting triggered by
Enable Enhanced self-protection rule, where the xdat.exe file should be
verified by a trusted party, this new option is located under an access
protection setting. You need to enable this Enhanced self-protection option.
How to solve the McAfee Backup Error?
- The McAfee Error is an expected error, so you
need to apply for work around for this.
- You need to disable temporarily or permanently
the new policy option before DAT update
- Go to Access Protection option via ePO console
and deselect the new policy option “Enable enhanced self-protection
- Now run the xDAT from the network share
- Once it is done, go back to Access Protection
settings and Enable the enhanced self-protection option.
What to do to troubleshoot McAfee Backup existing file error
If you are still facing the same issue, kindly contact the McAfee customer care team and our team will be able to troubleshoot all the following issues-
- How to fix McAfee error unable to backup existing file
- Solved: McAfee error unable to backup existing file not enough rights line 12
- How to troubleshoot McAfee error unable to backup existing file not enough rights
- Fix McAfee superdat error unable to backup existing file
- Process to fix McAfee dat update error unable to backup existing file.
Why do people prefer #MyQuery?
Highly Rated Experts
Let us fix your issue
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
You can post your question in our community and get answers by the experts, or request personalized assistance.
Search similar issues posted by our community members
Already a member? Login now!
Free to use, answers from community.
Live experts: 7am – 8pm (Mon-Sat)
Quick Troubleshooting, Faster Solutions.