Facebook and other social media sites claim your undivided attention. They typically give you the option of receiving updates via your desktop browser. However, accepting any of these media messages while at work can be inconvenient and distracting. Many users say that they unintentionally triggered this feature and are now unable to turn it off. And here’s what one Mac Book user had to say.
Facebook updates now appear in the right-hand corner of my screen regularly. If you want to get rid of Facebook notifications and wish to remove Facebook updates from Chrome for desktop, here you can find the fix for it:
How to Block Facebook Notifications on Chrome Browser
Chrome warns you when an app, website, or extension tries to give you updates by default. This feature is certainly ON if you’ve recently found notifications showing up anytime you get a Facebook update. Chrome Notifications can, however, be turned off at any time. Follow the measures outlined below.
MyQuery is all-in-one customer service provider to help you best available resourses to get your query resolved with our expert partners.
Let us direct you to the 'RIGHT EXPERTS'.
- To begin, open Google Chrome and go to the menu icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings.
- Now, scroll down to find what you’re looking for. Show advanced options
- Look for Content settings in the Privacy and Security section and click on it.
- Tap the Notification section at the bottom of the page.
- The toggle Ask before sending can be found here. By default, this switch is turned on, and it will ask you whether you want to receive updates from any website.
If you turn off the toggle, you won’t get any updates, even those from Facebook.
- Make sure the Ask before sending toggle is turned on in the Notifications area.
- Now, in the Allow section, look for Facebook.com.
Block can be selected by clicking the three-dot button. Except for Facebook updates, you can now receive all of your notifications.
- You can use the same method to disable notifications from any site you want, leaving only the most appropriate ones enabled.
How do I Turn Off Desktop Notifications from the Facebook Website
If you don’t want to change your Google Chrome settings for some reason, you can switch off Facebook notifications from the Facebook website. Here are the steps to follow.
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- In the left pane, go to Settings and select Notifications.
- After that, go to Desktop and Mobile and look at the Desktop section.
- Click Turn off if the text “Notifications are allowed on this device” appears next to the Chrome icon. In your Chrome browser, this will switch off Facebook alerts.
How to Turn Off Facebook Notifications?
Frequent problems with Facebook Alerts?
How can I stop Facebook notifications from popping up?
Facebook notifications are a huge distraction in the workplace. It is not uncommon to see people with their heads down scrolling through updates from their friends or even playing games on the app.
To stop Facebook notifications from popping up, you can turn off notifications in your device settings. This way, your phone won’t constantly buzz with a notification when someone shares a post. If you have an Android phone, this can be achieved in the notification settings in the App Drawer of your phone settings app. For iPhone users, it can be found under Settings > Notifications > Facebook.
You may also want to set Facebook to “quiet” or “off” during work hours so that you don’t see any posts until after work hours when you’re free to do whatever you want on social media sites.
Is there a way to view the notification without interacting with it?
The notification is not something that you can just ignore. You will be notified every time it pops up unless you turn off the notifications for the app altogether.
What are some possible reasons why my Facebook notifications are not going away?
This article is about the various possible reasons that one may have to why their Facebook notifications are not disappearing. The first reason for this is the notifications are turned on.
The second reason for this may be that if one has a lot of different notifications, their notification has been suppressed. It only pops up when the user scrolls down to get to it.
Also, if one has a lot of friends and posts, Facebook will suppress any posts from those pages as well as posts from those friends in order to make it easier for people to scroll through their feed without having too many things popping up at once. The final reason as to why your notifications may not be disappearing is because you have reached your limit on how many you can see per day and they will disappear after 24 hours.
That’s what there is to it. Facebook alerts will not function until you turn them back on after you’ve successfully disabled them on your device. You can disable Facebook alerts on our laptop using both methods.