How to cancel a Dropbox subscription or trial purchased on a mobile device
In case you have purchased a Dropbox Subscription or a free trial using your mobile or tablet, for cancellation, you will have to use iTunes or Google Play, depending on your device type.
How to cancel a Dropbox subscription or trial on Android
If you purchased Dropbox from an Android device like mobile phone or tablet, you can cancel a Dropbox subscription or free trial by following these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
- Check to make sure you’re signed in to the Google account you used to purchase the subscription.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap Dropbox.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Select a reason why you’re canceling and tap Continue.
- Tap Cancel subscription or Cancel trial.
- You’ll receive an email to your Google account to confirm your cancellation, and your account will downgrade to Dropbox Basic (free) at the end of your billing cycle.
Learn more about cancelling your subscription at our other post.
What happens when I cancel my Dropbox subscription or trial?
Once you cancel your Dropbox Subscription or free trial, your subscription will be downgraded to the basic Dropbox plan automatically.
But there’s no reason to worry, You’ll still have access to all of your files and folders
Dropbox keeps deleted versions of your files for 30 days, in case you change your mind
If you’re over your downgraded storage quota, Dropbox will stop syncing your files.