Issues in your Facebook account? Can’t log in? Forgot your password? Account hacked? Worry not. Here are all the solutions to recover your Facebook account when you can’t log in.
You should head over to the main Facebook privacy tips if your account has been hacked and make sure it doesn’t happen again. But if you can’t remember your login details, the simple account recovery process will assist you in recovering your Facebook account.
Check If You’re Still Logged In Facebook
The first step’s always the easiest, check if you are logged in to some other device. It may be the reason why you can’t open your account. In such a scenario, you only have to change your password manually by heading into your account’s privacy settings.
Follow these steps to recover the account for the same;
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right corner of the screen, and select Settings.
- Select Security and login from the menu on the left side.
- Under Login, locate Change password and select Edit to change your password. To reset your password using your email address or a phone number, Click Forgotten your password, if you don’t remember your current passcode.
Afterward, if you think that someone hacked your account, go to Where you’re logged in, in the same menu.
You can decide to Log out of all sessions and it will log you out of every active Facebook session except the current one. After that, you can safely log back in with your new login credentials.
Log Into Facebook Using Account Recovery Options
The first thing to do is to try and log back in with Facebook’s default account recovery options after you have logged out of Facebook on every device.
- Open Facebook and tap on the Forgotten account? at the top right corner of the screen.
- A Find Your Account window will appear.
- From the popped-up window, you can do several things differently to identify your account.
Ways to recover your FB account
Input your email or a phone number. Facebook will send you a confirmation code if either your email or phone number is connected with your account, and you’ll be able to reset your password and log back in comfortably.
You can also try and use a different email or a phone number of yours if you are still unable to log in to Facebook with your usual general details.
If you have listed more than one email address or phone number when creating your Facebook account, this might be your way in. This will work only if you still remember your password.
To retrieve access to your Facebook account, you can also use your Facebook username.
Just type your possible username or your name (in case you don’t remember it exactly) into the search bar and see if your account pops up on the list. When you see your profile picture, select This is My Account and follow the steps to reset your password and log back in.
Recover A Facebook Account With Trusted Contacts
If you are unable to recover your account using the above-mentioned steps, don’t lose hope. You can do it using Trusted Contacts.
The only drawback to this is that you need to create your “trusted contacts” list before logging out of Facebook. So, if you are currently logged in, make sure you create that list right away. Follow the below steps to do the same:
- On Facebook, at the top right corner of the screen, click on the drop-down arrow and go to Settings.
- Select Security and login from the menu on the left,
- Under Recommended, locate Choose friends to contact if you are locked out, and click Edit.
Facebook account recovery through Friends
Then you can add 3 to 5 friends so that you can ask them for help if you find the need to recover your account someday. This list can be edited as and how you require it.
When you forget your log-in details, it becomes a lot easier to log into your Facebook account once you activate your Trusted Contacts.
- Click on Forgotten account when you’re logged out of Facebook.
- Select No longer have access to these in the Reset Your Password window.
- Enter your new email address or a phone number, and click Continue.
Now, the instructions on how one of your trusted contacts can help you regain access to your account will be provided to you. Your friend will need to follow the special link and then send you the recovery code. You can safely log back into Facebook once that is done.
Secure Your FB Account For the Future
You can be logged out of Facebook for two main reasons, either someone has broken into your account, or you forgot your login details. For extra security, you can set up two-factor authentication on Facebook, and to avoid the latter, start using a password manager to keep your data at hand.
Have you ever had to go through any of this? Do you know any other helpful ways of logging back in? Drop them down in the comment section below and don’t forget to share your experience with us.